1959 , PANJAB UNIVERSITY CHANDIGARH
Lajpat Rai DAV College, Jagraon stands steady as one of the most prestigious educational institutions of the region. The college named after the great national martyr LalaLajpat Rai was founded in 1959 by RK Trust established by Sh. LalaLajpat Rai in the memory of his father Sh. RadhaKrishan. It has been nurturing and nourishing young minds not only in the field of education but in the stage and stadium too for the past 56 years.
The college was initially named as LalaLajpat Rai Memorial college and provided education to undergraduate classes of BA and BSC only. Owing to untiring efforts of R.K.Trust, stewardship and able guidance of various principals and ceaseless efforts of the college faculty, the college has made rapid strides in ensuring all round development of the students. Gradually as the years rolled by, it evolved itself into a premier post graduate institution.
The college has made commendable attainments in diverse fields – academic, sports, social services, culture and heritage .This institution was taken over by DAV ,one of the most reputed organizations associated with the spread of education in the country, in 1987. It is a matter of great pride and honor to be associated with such a great organization as DAV that has always proved true to its meaning.
The college has been graced, blessed and made sanctimonious with the august presence of many renowned personalities in the past. Many students of the college have brought laurels to their alma mater through their attainments at the District, State, National and International levels. The students of the college have made their mark in State and National Civil Services and have occupied important positions in Medical and Engineering spheres too. Under the guidance of DAV ‘Management, New Delhi, the college has continued to make efforts for the attainment of further heights of glory.
The college has always produced excellent results in PU Exams. A number of our students have bagged top positions in the University. The college has excelled in cultural affairs too. The college has captured top positions in Zonal Youth Festival. Our college students performed remarkably well in many items in Zonal and Inter Zonal festival of P.U.in Youth Festival, held in 2015. We bagged as many as 13 prizes in different items like Poem Recitation, Pranda Making, General dance, Mehandi, Luddi, Poster Making etc. Our sports students also bagged a no. of prizes in different tournaments during the session. They also participated in Annual Athletic Meet, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The performance of the NSS and NCC units has too also been commendable.
The college lays emphasis on the rich culture of our country and students are motivated to adopt moral and social values. The biggest achievement of the college is that it has got accredited by NAAC . The NAAC peer team was greatly impressed by the efforts put in by the faculty of college for taking the college to the peaks of glory.
The college is striving hard to introduce more and more facilities keeping in view the comfort and welfare of the students. Last year Rain Harvesting Project was successfully launched. This year, we are going to accomplish the project of building large parking sheds.
From The Principal's DeskManagement TeamOur StrengthsRTI (List of Information Officers)Teaching & Learning ToolsVision, Mission & ObjectivesYear of Affiliation & History
VISION, MISSION & OBJECTIVES
Providing our students with value based education while equipping them with necessary skills required to face and overcome the challenges of ever changing, competitive & global world.
To strive to provide intellectually, socially, morally & spiritually oriented citizens for the nation.
Quality education leading to holistic growth of the students.
To prepare our students for gainful employment by providing them scientific & technical knowledge along with academic excellence.
TEN PRINCIPLES OF ARYA SAMAJ
1. God is the primary source of all true knowledge and of all that can be known through it.
2. God is Existent, Intelligent and Blissful. He is Formless, Almighty, Just, Merciful, Unborn, Infinite, Unchangeable, Beginningless, Incomparable, the Support and Lord of all, Omniscient, Imperishable, Immortal, Fearless, Eternal, Holy and the Maker of the universe. To him alone worship is due.
3. The Vedas are scriptures of true knowledge. It is the duty of all Aryas to read them, hear them being read and recite them to others.
4. We should always be ready to accept the truth and give up untruth.
5. All actions should be performed in conformity with Dharma, that is, after consideration of right and wrong.
6. The primary aim of the Arya Samaj is to do good to all, that is, to promote their physical, spiritual and social well-being.
7. We should treat all people with love, fairness and due regards for their merit.
8. We should aim at dispelling ignorance and promoting knowledge.
9. No one should be content with promoting his/her good only; on the contrary, one should look for his/her good in promoting the good of all.
10. One should regard oneself under restrictions to follow altruistic rulings of the society, while all should be free in following the rules of individual welfare.
1. Available Courses:- B.A / B,Sc / BBA / BCA / B.Com / MA / M.Sc / M.Com / PGDCA.
2. A fully safe & secure hostel accommodation is available.
3. Students have a scholarship facility available.
4. Collage Playground is available for Students and also for Normal People.
Contact No: 01624-223260
Dr. Karan Sharma : 99884-84840